Opportunities and Information


(Updated: 19 APRIL 2017)



We will be doing extensive hiring for the 2017/2018 school year for a wide range of positions. Please review this information carefully. Some information has changed with this update.



All Applicants who have applied for the application pool by April 5, 2017 have been reviewed and considered. Emails have been sent out with invitations to a 1:1 Meet and Greet. This is the first step in the personnel process. If you have received a Meet and Greet Invitation please be sure to confirm via email your time.


Meet and Greet Sessions will be scored and a limited number of panel interview invitations will be sent out. Dual Panel Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 20th and Friday, April 21st. The results of the Meet/ Greet and Dual Panel Interviews will be tabulated and each candidate will be ranked. Employment opportunities will be offered based on vacancies and rankings.


Additional interviews MAY be offered based upon district need. Please continue to visit this site to get the latest information. If you are in the pool then you may be contacted for further consideration up to July 1, 2017.


TK - 8 Teacher Eligibility Pool

RSP and SDC Teacher Eligibility Pool




We anticipate a range of administrative opportunities during the 2017/2018 school year.

Principal TK-8 Vacancy (Closes 4/20/2017)

School Administrator Interest Pool

Assistant Superintendent (Closes 4/21/2017)




Summer School opportunities are available to current employees of Mountain View School District only! 

Certificated Summer School Opportunities (Please view postings at school site)

Classified Summer School Opportunities (Please view postings at school site)



Transfer Opportunites will be posted here will post for 1 week. Please complete the Transfer Request Form to be considered for the vacancy. Open vacancies will be flown here after In-House Transfer Opportunities.





Full Time Position

2017/2018 School Year

Job Description


Closed. Action pending. 




Hiring for SUBSTITUTES is currently on hold until June 15, 2017.

We are accepting applications but no new hiring will be done until after June 15th.




CLASSIFIED SUBSTITUTES: Food Service, Custodial, Paraeducators, Clerical




Job openings are posted on EdJoin. Our web page provides general information about personnel services.







Mountain View School District is a small district with a strong sense of family and community. Mountain View School District's personnel department strives to foster a cohesive educational work environment based on mutual respect and collaboration. Every employee of Mountain View School District brings unique talents and skills to our community of educators and learners. Together certificated, classified and management groups make Mountain View School District a well respected district that succeeds in providing a top quality education for our community. We provide a safe and productive work environment. We regularly review and revise our policies and procedures to stay current with local, state and federal laws. Mountain View School District seeks employees who share our common vision and dedication. We seek highly qualified individuals who embrace the needs of students today while seeking innovations for our future.



Mountain View School District is highly selective in our hiring process.

All applications are screened thoroughly to determine if candidates are an appropriate match for our district.

Competitive interviews seek to determine the best match for our district today and tomorrow.

We encourage you to check back regularly for openings in your area of interest.







* I already work for MVSD. How do I apply for transfer or reassignment? 

Classified Employees may apply for a transfer or reassignment using the CSEA Transfer Request. You may only request a transfer to an OPEN POSITION and your completed request must be received by our office by the stated deadline. The form may be scanned or hand delivered to SONIA DIAZ at the District Office.

Certificated Employees may apply for transfer via the AMVT Request for Transfer. Your request may be scanned, emailed or hand delivered to SONIA DIAZ at the District Office before the deadline.


* What does IN HOUSE ONLY mean?

IN HOUSE means that only CURRENT employees of Mountain View School District may apply for the position. It is possible that a position will be reflown to outside candidates but IN HOUSE is for IN HOUSE applicants only. In House applicants must be permanent employees in one of our unions. Substitute and Temporary employees ARE NOT considered to be IN HOUSE applicants.




* What does IN HOUSE ONLY mean?

IN HOUSE means that only CURRENT employees of Mountain View School District may apply for the position. You may not apply for positions indicating IN HOUSE ONLY. Applicants that do not hold permanent status in MVSD are not able to be considered for these positions.


* What is a pool?

A pool is a group of applicants that are reviewed regularly. You can submit an application any time. When the district has a personnel need then we go to the pool to find potential candidates from the applicants who have applied. Please DO NOT call the district office to inquire about the status of your application. EdJoin will let you know you have successfully submitted an application. You will then need to wait to receive a call AFTER we go to the pool for possible applicants.


* If I submitted an application during the 2015/16 school do I need to reapply for 2016/2017?

YES. Please go to EdJoin and reapply to the district for 2016/17. The personnel cycle resets on July 1st of every year.


* Can I submit a paper application to the district?

No. Only electronic application via EDJOIN will be accepted. ALL required documents must be in your EDJOIN application to be considered for employment.


* How do I apply for employment with Mountain View School District?

  • View the job description/job fly.
  • Complete an application.
  • Follow all directions and provide required documents.
  • Please be mindful of requirements. Only complete applications will be considered.


* How do I apply to be a substitute teacher? 

Apply via EDJOIN. The minimum requirements for substitute teaching in MVSD include: 

  • Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
  • Official transcripts
  • Passing test scores from the CBEST test
  • Security and Criminal Record Clearance
  • Out of state applicants will be required to meet California Credential and Permit Requirements.
  • NOTE: ALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS must complete State Mandated Child Abuse Reporting Training offered online by the district. You must complete this training during your first 30 days of employment with the district and then again during the first 30 days of each subsequent school year. We do accept training completed in other districts.


Mountain View School District

We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, orientation or disability in our programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations.

We are a smoke/tobacco free workplace.

We maintain facilities that are accessible to individuals with disabilities.

Administrative Services Quick Links