SMARTER BALANCED PRACTICE AND TRAINING TESTS
Click on the link below to access the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) training and practice tests for Test Administrators and Students. Once you have clicked on the link, you will then need to choose "Test Administrator" or "Student" Practice and Training Tests.
THE NEW CALIFORNIA TESTING SYSTEM
This past spring, students from our district in grades 3-8 took part in the first statewide administration of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) program's Smarter Balanced assessments. These computer based tests have replaced the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) paper-based, multiple choice test.
The scoring for these new assessments are very different from those of the STAR tests. The results from the CAASPP tests cannot be compared to the previous results of the STAR tests. the CAASPP score reports will provide parents, schools and state with valuable information on student performance on the new academic standards. This first year will establish a baseline for the progress we expect students to make over time.
The new CAASPP reports will provide information in a different format from the STAR:
1. Student scale scores will be based on a 1000-3000 scale
2. Four new achievement level bands
- Standards Exceeded and Standards Met are considered proficient
- Standards Nearly Met and Standards Not Met are considered non-proficient
- To view achievement level bands for Language Arts and Mathematics - click here
3. Additional information on the areas that make up the student's overall scores
CAASPP SCORE REPORTS
The 2015-16 CAASPP reports for state, district and school levels are scheduled for public release on August 15, 2016.
CAASPP student score reports for parents have recently been made available by the state. Student score reports will be sent home with students on Friday, August 12, 2016.