Student Services » Enrollment


Enrollment packets are available on the district/school websites and in your child's school office.
Packets Available
Registration Begins
Creek View  2/1/2024 3/4/2024
Mountain View  2/1/2024 3/4/2024
Park View  2/1/2024 2/20/2024
Ranch View  2/1/2024 3/4/2024
Grace Yokley  2/20/24 3/4/2024


If you have questions regarding the registration process, please contact:


Creek View Elementary: (909) 947-8385

Mountain View Elementary: (909) 947-3516

Park View Elementary: (909) 850-5380

Ranch View Elementary: (909) 947-5545

Grace Yokley Jr. High: (909) 947-6774


No partial packets can be accepted. Only students with complete enrollment packets will be placed on a class list. 



Transitional Kinder

Transitional Kindergarten is the first of a two year Kindergarten program offered for those students born between September 2, 2019- June 2, 2020 for the 2024-25 school year. 

Transitional Kindergarten classes are offered at all four elementary schools. If you would like more information, please contact the school office.

Student registration & immunization requirements are the same for TK as for Kindergarten.




 Kinder registration
Your child will need to meet the following requirements for Kindergarten registration:

1.   Birth Certificate - You must by law show proof of your child’s birthday.  The preferred document is a certified copy of the legal birth certificate. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024 in order to be eligible to start school in August.
2.   Immunization Card - All immunizations must be documented from a health care provider certifying that he/she has received all immunizations required for his/her age or grade level as specified by the California Department of Public Health. See below for requirements.
3.   Proof of Residency - Suggested documentation:  Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt; Property tax statement; Pay stub; Rental agreement; Voter registration; or Documentation of Shared Residency (see instructions).
4.   Physical Examination - Our District requires that your child be given a physical examination by a Health Examiner before entering TK or Kindergarten. All of the required tests and evaluation section Part II must be completed.

5.   Oral Health Assessment – California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, requires all incoming kindergartners have an oral health assessment (dental check-up).  The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other registered dental health professional.

6.   Individual Education Plan (IEP) – Special Education Only





student registration






Along with registration paperwork, the following documentation will need to be provided at the time of registration for all students:

  • Certified Legal Birth Certificate.
  • Immunization Record - updated and current.
  • Proof of Residency - current utility bill, lease or escrow papers, etc. or Documentation of shared residency (see instructions).
  • Certificate of Physical Examination (TK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade only).
  • Individual Education Plan (IEP) - Special Education only.

Optional items:

  • Last Report Card
  • ELPAC Results - English Learners only
  • Pupil Transfer/Withdrawal Form - from previous school


  • Inter-District Transfers (Students living outside of our attendance boundaries) - Parents/Guardians should report to their district of residence for an application.
  • Intra-District Transfers - Students who live within the Mountain View School District can report directly to the school site they wish to attend to obtain the necessary application.
  • Transfers are not guaranteed***


If you would like to print out the registration packet, please click below.


Health Care Provider’s Guide to the Requirements of
The California School Immunization Law
Reference:  Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390);
California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075

Children must have their immunizations before they can attend school or child care in California.  Parents must present their child’s Immunization Record to school or childcare staff prior to admission as proof of immunization.  Health care providers are required to give or update the parent’s copy of the child’s Immunization Record whenever these immunizations are administered.  Children who have not completed all immunizations will be admitted if they are up-to-date, provided they obtain the next vaccines when due.


Requirements for School Entry (TK-12) effective July 1, 2019

  • Polio - 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the 4th birthday. 
  • DTP/DtaP/DT/Td - 5 doses at any age, but 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 years if the last dose was given on or after the 4th birthday. 3 doses are acceptable for ages 7-17 if one was given on or after the 7th birthday.
  • MMR - 2 doses, both given on or after the 1st birthday
  • Hepatitis B - 3 doses
  • Varicella - 2 doses
  • Tdap Booster - 1 dose for 7th grade entry, given on or after the 7th birthday.
Click below to print/view the Immunization Guidelines.


The State of California requires that all students have a physical examination performed by a physician within 18 months of starting 1st grade.  If your child has a physical exam done after February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, this will fulfill this requirement.  If your child has a physical prior to February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, another physical exam will be required prior to the beginning of 1st grade. Please stop by the school office for the doctor's form or download the form below.


To make sure your child is ready for school, California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, now requires that your child have an oral health assessment (dental check-up) by May 31st in either TK, Kindergarten or first grade, whichever is your child's first year in public school. Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional. Please click on the link below to download the form for the dentist office.