Personnel & Administrative Services » Personnel



Mountain View School District utilizes EdJoin for all external recruiting efforts. We are currently accepting applications for the following:



In-house vacancies and transfer opportunities are posted at school sites and emailed directly to employees.

Current employees interested in posted vacancies may apply using the In-House Application if they are in a different classification than the desired job title. (If applying in the same classification, they must complete a Request for Transfer/Reassignment.)  


Documents must be turned in to the District Office before the deadline. Only complete applications will be accepted.



How can I obtain employment at MVSD?

All applications must be submitted through EdJoin (or internal forms for current employees) and are screened thoroughly to determine if candidates are an appropriate match for our District. 

Be sure you view the job description and/or vacancy flyer to ensure you meet the education/experience requirements. Follow all directions and provide required documents when completing an EdJoin application.
Only complete applications will be considered.


Can I submit a paper application or a resume only?

No. Only electronic applications via EdJoin will be accepted, and only when there is a vacancy or pool being formed. All required documents must be included with your EdJoin application to be considered for employment.


What does "in-house only" mean?

In-house means that only current employees of MVSD may apply. Substitutes and temporary employees are NOT considered in-house applicants. It is possible that in-house vacancies may be re-flown for outside candidates at a later time. 


How do I become a substitute teacher at MVSD?

Potential substitutes must apply via EdJoin when we are actively recruiting for substitutes.

All substitute teachers must have a 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit or teaching credential issued by the CTC. Out-of-state applicants will be required to meet California Credential and Permit Requirements. 

What is the rate of pay for substitute teachers?

The current daily rate for substitute teachers is $155. Half-day assignments are paid at a rate of $80. Long-term assignments of 21 full-days or more are paid at a daily rate of $175.

Additionally, MVSD offers a Certificated Substitute Stipend Program that seeks to recognize and incentivize the commitment and ongoing contributions of our Certificated Substitutes.  The program works as follows:

  • After substituting for 50 days in our district, substitutes will receive a $1,000 stipend
  • After substituting for 100 days in our district, substitutes will receive an additional $1,100 stipend
  • After substituting for 150 days in our district, substitutes will receive an additional $1,200 stipend
  • Substitute days do not need to be consecutive, but would need to fall within the designated school year
  • The program resets annually (each school year)

For more information on how to become a Certificated Substitute for MVSD, please contact Human Resources by phone at (909) 947-2205 or via email at HR@MVSDK8,org.

I already work for MVSD. How do I apply for a transfer or reassignment? 

Classified employees may apply for transfer/reassignment using the Request for Transfer/Reassignment (Classified Employees) found in the Personnel Forms page. Certificated employees should use the Voluntary Transfer Request Form (Certificated) found in the Personnel Forms page. All forms should be returned to Personnel at the District Office before the stated deadline.

Mountain View School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, orientation or disability in our programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations. We are a smoke/tobacco free workplace. We maintain facilities that are accessible to individuals with disabilities.