Dr. James Willingham, Member
Dr. James Willingham was born in Detroit, Michigan and attended elementary, middle and high school in Ecorse, Michigan. Dr. Willingham served in the United States Marine Corps from 1969 and was Honorably Discharged in 1973.
James Lee Willingham is married with two children. Dr. Willingham has been a resident of Ontario, CA since 1986. Dr. Willingham is a member of Abundant Living Family Church and serves in the Military Ministry and the Care Ministry serving Veterans.
James Willingham's employment history includes: The Veterans Administration 1973-1982. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission as a EEO Investigator 1982-1989. The Defense Investigative Service/Defense Security Service, Special Agent from 1989- 1990, and the Office of Federal Investigations, (OPM) as a Special Investigator/Criminal Investigator from 1990 to 1994. James Willingham retired from the Federal Government in May 1994. Dr. Willingham was also employed as a Special Investigator with the State of California, Contractor State Licensing Board. In 1998, he was hired by the State of California as a Veterans Employment Services Specialist from 1998 and retired from the State of California 2012.
In 1990, Dr. Willingham was awarded by the Parent Teacher Association Mountain View School District for Honorary Service Award because of service to children in the Mountain View School District.
COMMUNITY SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Commissioner San Bernardino County Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 2005-Present.
- Commissioner and At Large Member San Bernardino County Veterans Advisory Council 2005-Present.
- Commissioner San Bernardino County Schools Reorganization Committee Elected Member 2014-Present.
- Board of Trustees, Mountain View School District, Ontario, CA elected member 2012-2016.
- In 2016, the Ontario/Montclair YMCA Prayer Breakfast recognized James Willingham for outstanding service to Veterans in the Ontario/Montclair West End Communities.
EMAIL: [email protected]
TRUSTEE AREA 3
CURRENT TERM EXPIRES: November 2026